- Dr. Bijoy Kumar Singh, Assistant Professor, NERIE, Shillong resigned from Council’s services on 9 May, 2013 to join JNU in the same capacity.
- Shri M. Hoque, Driver, NERIE voluntarily retired on 2 May, 2013.
- Shri M. P. Ram, Section Officer at NERIE was transferred to RIE, Ajmer as Under Secretary wef. 22 April, 2013.
- Prof. M. K. Mishra joined NERIE as Professor on 11 April, 2013. He was earlier posted as Associate Professor at PSSCIVE, Bhopal.
- Dr. B. R. Dkhar joined NERIE as Assistant Professor on 24 December, 2012. She was earlier posted at RIE, Bhubaneswar.
- Prof. A. Sukumar joined NERIE as Principal on 20 July, 2012
- Dr. Kh. Indira, Assistant Professor, NERIE, Shillong resigned from Council’s servies on 28 March, 2012 to join Sikkim University, Gangtok.
1. NCERT Memorial Lecture Series
The National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) is an apex organisation, assisting and advising the Central and State Governments by undertaking research, survey and development; training and extension activities for all stages of school and teacher education.
One of the objectives of the Council is to also act as a clearing house and disseminator of ideas relating to school and teacher education. We have initiated the Memorial Lecture Series in order to fulfill this role and to commemorate the life and work of great educational thinkers.
2. Farewell and Joining
- Prof J. P. Bagchi, then Principal of NERIE was relived from NERIE, Shillong on 15 November, 2011. He has been transferred to Regional Institute of Education (RIE), Ajmer as Professor in Education.
- Prof. S. Ramaa joined as the Principal, NERIE, Shillong on 15 November, 2011. Earlier she was posted as Professor in the Department of Education, Regional Institute of Education, Mysore.
- Shri A. Seenivasan joined as the Administrative Officer (AO) at NERIE, Shillong on 18 November, 2011. Before joining NERIE, he was serving as the Assistant Program Coordinator (APC) at RIE, Mysore.
- Faculty and staff members of NERIE gave a farewell to Dr. Rashmi Sharma, Assistant Professor and Dr. V. Chandranna, Assistant Professor who have been transferred to RIE, Bhopal and RIE, Mysore respectively. Dr. Sharma was given a farewell on 22 March, 2011 while Dr. Chandranna was given the farewell on 31 March, 2011. Dr. D. M. Parmar, Assistant Professor, has been transferred to RIE, Bhopal. A farewell function was held on 19 April, 2011.
- Shri S. K. Das, Administrative Officer, NERIE, Shillong has been transferred to PSSCIVE, Bhopal as the Under Secretary, PSSCIVE, Bhopal. He was relived from NERIE, Shillong on 16th May, 2011.
- Shri Snehmoy Das, LDC has been transferred to RPDC, Kolkata in the same capacity. He was relived from NERIE, Shillong on 9th May, 2011.
- Shri Ajay Kumar Das joined as Assistant in NERIE, Shillong on 14 July, 2011.