The NERIE library is a section headed by Dean of Instructions. It has a collection of more than 8000 books on subjects related to Education, English, Science, Social Science and also books on different languages including Hindi, Urdu, Bengali, Khasi, Mizo, Assamese and Garo.
The Library has a collection of encylopedias on various educational disciplines, dictionaries, glossaries and reports. NERIE library subscribes to 7 newspapers namely; The Shillong Times, The Times of India, The Assam Tribune, U Nongsain Hima (Khasi), Poorvanchal Prahari(Hindi), The Employment News and Kjatsngi (local employment newspaper). The library also subscribes to 13 print magazines namely; Frontline, India Today, Outlook, The Week, Competition Success Review, The Reader’s Digest, Yojana, Sport Star, Pratiyogita Darpan, Eastern Panorama, Down to Earth and Kurekshetra.
The library subscribes to the following NCERT journals: -
1) Journal of Value Education
2) School Science
3) Indian Educational Review
4) Indian Educational Abstracts
5) Journal of Indian Education
6) The Primary Teacher
7) Indian Journal of Vocational Education
8) Prathamik Shikshak
9) Bhartiya Adhukink Shiksha
Following are the list of Indian Journals subscribed by the NERIE library: -
1) Contribution to Indian Sociology
2) Indian economic & social history review
3) Edu Tracks
4) Indian journal of gender studies
5) Indian historical review
6) Studies in history
7) Journal of human values
8) Journal OF Education for sustainable development
9) Science, Technology & Society
10) Psychology and developing societies
11) Social Scientist
12) Economic & Political Weekly
13) University News
15) Language and language teaching
16) Journal of English language teaching
* Back volume Journals are also available for previously subscribed journals.
The Institute faculty and students may access the Online Public Access Catalogue within the Institute Intranet by Clicking on the Link belowNERIE OPAC
Section & Services of the Library
Different sections in the Library.
* Technical Section
* Computer Section
Various services in the Library.
The Library remains open from Monday to Friday from 9::00 AM to 5:30 PM.
Note: The library remains closed on Saturdays, Sundays and Central Holidays.
For any query please send mail to