The NERIE library is a section headed by Dean of Instructions. It has a collection of more than 6800 books on Subjects relating to Education, English, Science, Social Science and also books on different languages including Hindi, Urdu, Bengali, Khasi, Mizo, Assamese and Garo languages.
For References the Library has a collection of Encyclopedias for various Educational disciplines, Dictionaries, Glossaries and Reports. NERIE library subscribed to 7 newspapers namely; The Shillong Times, The Times of India, The Assam Tribune, The Telegraph, Mawphor(khasi), Poorvanchal Prahari(Hindi) and The Employment News. The library also subscribes to 8 magazines namely; Frontline, India Today, Outlook, The Week, Competition Success Review. Wisdom, The Reader’s Digest and Pratiyogita Darpan.
The library subscribed to following NCERT journals: -
1) Journal of Value Education
2) School Science
3) Indian Educational Review
4) Indian Educational Abstracts
5) Journal of Indian Education
6) The Primary Teacher
7) Indian Journal of Vocational Education
8) Prathamik Shikshak
9) Bhartiya Adhukink Shiksha
Following are the List of Indian Journals Subscribed in NERIE Library: -
1) Indian Journal of Gender Studies
2) Social Change
3) Indian Economic & Social History Review
4) Contribution to Indian Sociology
5) Indian Historical Review
6) Studies in History
7) Journal. Of Human Values
8) Journal OF Education for sustainable development
9) Science, Technology & Society
10) Psychology & Developing Society
11) The Medieval History Journal
12) Economic & Political Weekly
13) University News
14) Indian Journal of Clinical Psychology
15) Indian Science Abstract
16) Journal of Interdisciplinary Mathematics
NROER-National Repository of Open Educational Resources
Cambridge Dictionaries Online
Section & Services of the Library
Different sections in the Library.
Various services in the Library.
The Library remains open from Monday to Friday i.e. 9::00 AM - 5:30 PM.
Note: The library remains closed on Saturdays, Sundays and Central Holidays.
Ms. Streamfullness Khongjee,