National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) is a premier body in school education. It has five Regional Institutes of education at Ajmer, Bhopal, Bhubaneshwar, , Mysore and Shillong to cater to the educational needs of states and to offer innovative pre-service programmes viz. 2yr B.Ed, 2 yr M.Ed, BSc.Ed, B.A.Ed, M.Phil and Phd in Education. North East Regional Institute of Education (NERIE) is one of the five Regional Institutes of NCERT and has the mandate to provide academic and technical support on policies and programmes of all aspects of School Education to the Governments of eifgt north eastern states namely, Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura. NERIE is affiliated to North Eastern Hill University (NEHU), Shillong. It is offering two year B.Ed course from August 2016 for the students from the North East Region. The course is a fulltime, regular course and approved by NCTE NCTE. The course has already been offered by other RIE's for the past several years and it was well established and well recieved across the country.
About Two Year B.Ed: The two year B.Ed course, based on the recommendations of the National council for Teacher Education (NCTE) and designed to meet the professional requirements of secondary school teachers, provides quality teachers for secondary schools in Sience, Mathematics, Language (English) and Social Sciences, The students admitted in the course can opt for any of three combinations of pedagogy courses. The Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) programme has been designed with the aim to develop an understanding of teaching-learning process at secondary and senior-secondary level among student teachers. It focuses on enabling student-teachers to reflect critically on perspectives of education and integrate holistically the theory and practices to facilitate active engagement of learners for knowledge creation.
Programme Objectives : The B.Ed. programme focuses on:
- developing an understanding of context of education in contemporary Indian Society,
- appreciating the role of context and socio-political realities about learners in facilitating learning in inclusive settings,
- creating sensitivity about language diversity in classroom and its role in teaching-learning process
- developing an understanding of paradigm shift in conceptualizing disciplinary knowledge in school curriculum,
- identifying, challenging and overcoming gender inequalities in school, classroom, curricula, textbook, social institutions, etc.,
- enabling student-teachers to acquire necessary competencies for organizing learning experiences,
- developing competencies among student-teachers to select and use appropriate assessment strategies for facilitating learning,
- engaging student-teachers with self, child, community and school to establish close connections between different curricular areas,
- enabling student-teachers to integrate and apply ICT in facilitating teaching-learning process and in school management,
- systematizing experiences and strengthening the professional competencies of student teachers, and
- providing first-hand experience of all the school activities through engaging student-teachers as interns in secondary/senior secondary schools.
1. Separate hostel facilities are available for Girls/Boys
2. Electricity and safe drinking water
3. Safeguard against fire hazard
4. Internet facilities through Wi-Fi
5. Furniture facilities
6. ICT Lab (typing projects/assignments works, etc.)
7. Canteen facilities
8. Part time Doctor from Monday to Friday & Staff Nurse (full time)
are available in the campus.
9. Library facilities
10. Campus Placement Interview
Admissions to Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) is done every year in the month of July/August. Candidates who are interested in this course have to undergo Common Entrance Examination(CEE) to get admission. The notification for CEE is published in the website in the month of March/April and eligible candidates can appear for the exam in the month of May/June.
The intake is 50 for 2-yr regular, full time B.Ed. Course. No of seats will be offered to the eight states of North Eastern Region (i.e. Assam, Meghalaya, Manipur, Mizoram, Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, Tripura and Sikkim) as per past practices and as per the reservation policy (Seat Matrix is enclosed). The course wise seats are: 1. 25 seats for Science & Mathematics 2. 25 seats for Language & Social Science
1. Registration fees (not chargeable from students already Rs. 150/- registered with NEHU, Shillong)
2. University Enrolment fees Rs. 100/-
3. Examination fees Rs. 700/- x 2 (Odd & Even Examinations) Rs. 1,400/-
(In case the University revises its fees, it will charge accordingly)